1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to add margins and borders in Bootstrap?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by howard.a.s, Sep 11, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. JiminSA

JiminSA

If you put your columns in a full width div thus:
    HTML:
    <div class ="container-fluid">
      <div class ="row">
        <div class="col-md-12 col-sm-12">
           <div class ="col-md-6 col-sm-6">
              First Div
           </div>
           <div class ="col-md-6 col-sm-6">
              Second Div
           </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>

2. howard.a.s

howard.a.s Thread Starter

Further to my previous ramblings, I've been experimenting with this https://startbootstrap.com/template-overviews/2-col-portfolio/ which looks like it could form the basis of what I'm attempting to achieve. I've checked out the design direct using the live preview and it appears to render perfectly in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. But again, when viewed using I.E 8, and Safari (for Windows) version 5.1.7, this layout also fails to render properly. Is this perhaps because I am running an older version of I.E and perhaps because Safari for Windows does not support Bootstrap, or is there another reason which can be fixed by means of a tweak to the source code. If so, any suggestions as to how?

3. JiminSA

JiminSA

Did you try my 'enclose in full width' approach, Howard?

4. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!