How to arrange multi hard disk on PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rockballad

Hi there,

I have 2 hard disks, 1 CD-ROM and 1 CD-RW; 2 cables, each is able to plug 2 disks (HD or CD). When I booted computer, I saw
- Primary master
- Primary slave
- Secondary master
- Secondary slave

I tried some ways, but some of them didn't enable the computer to load Windows (XP). Both 2 HD have Windows installed. They had master/slave pin too.

Please tell me how to plug which device to which cable as well as set master/slave PIN on HD.

Thanks a lot!

well. here it goes:
1. the hdisk containing ur Os will be master and the other one slave.{both on primary level}
2. Ur CDRW will be master n ur CD R will be slave[ on secondary level]
3. well ther is an option called cable select, if u can do this its ok or else u need to put the jumper on the Hdisks n CD drives corresponding to their states[i.e master or slave]

4. the first cable[IDE cable] having 2 slots can connect to the 2 hdisks.
5. use the other cable to connect the other CD drives.
6. boot up n chek ur BIOS for devices that have been detected..

This should work up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts