How to avoid Keylogger when dowloading stuff.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nabl3t

I have been told that it's really easy for some people to put keyloggers into smallest files(in size), so that virustotal or other onlinescanners will NOT detect them. Therefor I'm going to need to find some answers how to make sure a hacker will not be reading my typings ..

thanks

If you're that worried about it get a better virus scanner. Not many viri get through these days if you're using a good scanner. Windows Security Essentials seems to be quite good for a free choice, it caught the XP Security Virus which no other free AntiVirus caught. Paid option is ESET Nod, again the only paid for scanner that caught XP security virus. Also get MalwareBytes and run regular scans.

Other than that, have a notpad file open and type a few characters in there every time you type something you dont want to get caught in a key logger. Not suggesting this method though. :p

nabl3t

I was using NOD32 paid version for few years and agree its best antivirus program. But doesn't online scanners like virustotal contain about 20 - 30 virus scanners inside so are like 20 - 30x better for checking downloads than using one single program ?

Also we are talking about smallest keylogger files here..

nabl3t

is this very difficult to answer for some security profesionals ?

No, it has been answered. If a hacker wants in to your PC they will get in. All you can do is put up deterents like software and hardware firewalls and/or anti-virus.

Best way to think about it, anti-virus and firewalls are like car alarms and immobilisers, they're not going to stop someone stealing your car if they know what they're doing.

There is always someone more geeky and more intelligent then the people that create firewalls and antivirus. Apart from removing your computer from the internet, there is nothing that can stop a brilliant hacker. On that note, those sort of hackers are probably not going to want your data unless you have top secret documents on your PC.

Regards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online