How to back up address book Outlook Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kristi61

First, THANK YOU Moby for your May 2006 post regarding burning emails to cd that are accessible from that cd! YAY!! It works and I've been trying to figure this out for years!

Next, What is the best way to routinely back up my Outlook Express 6 Address Book?

Thanks so much,

Kristi

Export Your Outlook Express Address Book

On the File menu, click Export, and then click Address Book.
Click Text File (Comma Separated Values), and then click Export.
Click Browse.
Locate the Mail Backup folder that you created.
In the File Name box, type address book backup, and then click Save.
Click Next.
Click to select the check boxes for the fields that you want to export, and then click Finish.
Click OK and then click Close.
Joyhong Software

Kristi61

Jessica,

I followed the step by step instructions...but when I try to open the file that I created, I get the prompt, "Windows Cannot open this file. To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it...". What up with that?

Thank You,
Kristi

An easier way to backup your address book is to make
a backup folder then locate your .WAB file and copy it
to that folder. Then it will be in a format that works as
you expect in Outlook Express.

Inside Outlook Express - Files and Settings - OE Windows Address Book:
http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online