How to backup pc onto usb drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ghostdoge

I have a usb drive connected to my computer and I'm trying to backup my pc but when I click on my usb drive here, nothing happens.

Attachments

I've never cared for MS backup system....I would use a free service (software) to do that. Next you need to make sure that the drive to be used as the backup is the same size as the data on the drive that is to be backed up. That 14 GB is no where near close to use as a back up.

Just back up to that drive using your computer’s built-in backup features. On Windows 10 and 8, use File History. On Windows 7, use Windows Backup. Back Up Your Computer to an External Drive here: http://lifehacker.com/5816453/how-to-back-up-your-computer.
Pros: backing up is cheap and fast. Cons: If your house gets robbed or catches on fire, your backup can be lost along with your computer, which is very bad.

You can also use a Cloud storage service or try some free backup software, EaseUS todo backup free and Acronis is recommended.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online