1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to become a distinguished member

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tony007, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tony007

tony007 Banned Thread Starter

Who have I got to take to lunch at an expensive restuarant to become distinguished? Or is there a rule how this gets to be done?

2. Cyps

Cyps

Just send in as many posts as you can ( 1000 I think) and eventually you will be a distinguished member. It's all automatic, no cronyism involved.

3. The Hound

The Hound

Our moderators and admins eat malware for lunch--you must go out and slay the biggest, meanest, most ornery malware in the forest, and bring back its head on a pole...(y)

>>EDIT: ...and don't forget to peel it...

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

You have to send me chocolates ..

Belgium and quickly before Cookigal pinches them

5. Augie65

Augie65

Cote d'Or Noir de Noir
    My favorite by far.:D

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Here is the absolute answer on How to become a distinguished member.

First of all you have to stay on Tech Support Guys for three years and there are no breaks, no eating, no going anywhere especially to the little boys and girls room....

Now if you believe that you are really going to love this. I did a little search here at TSG and found this:

http://forums.techguy.org/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=distinguished+member&match=all&titlesonly=0

Users are divided into several categories:
    Account Disabled - Someone whose account was closed because he/she violated the rules.
    Guest - Someone who has been removed from the site, usually by request.
    Junior Member - A new member with fewer than 30 posts.
    Member - A member who has at least 30 posts, but fewer than 100.
    Senior Member - A member who has at least 100 posts, but fewer than 2,000.
    Distinguished Member - A member who has more than 2,000 posts!
    Moderator/Administrator - A member who has the ability to edit and delete another member's post in order to enforce the rules. See below.

Just joking about the staying here and stuff, all you got to do is some real work and post. We will be glad to have you post all you want, this way we can take a break<g>

7. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Fortunately there are so many automated tools these days to make removing malware much easier than it was five or six years ago. Back then there wasn't nearly as much to be able to rely on to effectively do the job as compared to now.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice