1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to block the Vundo trojan

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by georgeg2000, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. georgeg2000

georgeg2000 Thread Starter

This Vundo trojan seems to be real "popular" right now. How do I keep this off of my families computers in the future? Is there a good program that will block malware such as this?

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Make sure your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs are up to date. Also an active firewall helps. And most importantly, be sure that Java is the latest version.

3. georgeg2000

georgeg2000 Thread Starter

On my own PC, I run AVG antivirus, plus SpyBot S&D, Spyware Blaster and the latest version of AdAware. On my wife's PC, I've had problems with AVG so hers only has AdAware and SpyBot, tho in the course of this "experience" I've added another spyware program SuperAntiSpyware. Looks like I'll have to try AVG again but not until we get this trojan thing whipped. I used to run ZoneAlarm on both PCs but when I went to DSL, I was told to disable the firewall in order to access the DSL. Both machines access DSL thru a Linksys router (her PC is wired into the router, my connection is wireless) so I hope the router's firewall will be adequate, no? Both machines are running WinXP, btw, Home for the wife's Compaq system and Pro for my white box machine. Any recommendations on anti-virus programs?

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

I do fine with a router firewall.
    I like AVG anti-virus. Plus there is also Avast or NOD32

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/607027

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice