1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How To Build a Hidden Door Bookshelf

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by lotuseclat79, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

AKA Secret Bookcase Door Hidden Door Bookshelf.

Admit it - you've alwasy wanted one of these!

Can you conceive of any good reason not to have every door of your house be one of these - even the kitchen cupboards?

-- Tom

P.S. Reference: Boing Boing, and Instructables.

2. aarhus2004

aarhus2004 Gone but always remembered

Damnit, Tom, your posts are hard to move from - to the more mundane say!

Thanks.

Ben.

3. hewee

hewee

Now that would be cool. Then you could even put a safe behind it all.

You know years ago the home I had there was the set-in linen cabinet in the hall that was only about 12" deep. But on the back side was the walkin closet. The bed room was offset where I could tell from the bedroom where the closet ended but then the offset part was wider then 12" and the added space of the wall itself.
    Got out the tape and found out I had a 8" dead space behind the cabinet. I wanted to take it out and make sure the back was all nailed good and cut below the bottom shelf a opening on the one side and get another back to match that you could set back in there to cover the hole. But I never did anything and just what would I hide back there anyways because it had room but was not that big.

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

Hi Ben,

Thank you, thank you very much! Elvis is behind the bookcase - shhhh, he's chowin' down on a peanut butter and banana sandwich, and is then planning on a short nap!

-- Tom :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice