1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to capture Screen Shots?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Speedbird1, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Speedbird1

Speedbird1 Thread Starter

I've been getting good photo results snapping photos off my matte PC LCD screen using a Canon point-and-shoot camera set on macro. The colors are good and the results are clear but my friend tells me he uses capture to get photos off the screen. What exactly is that? Is it when you click "Save" and it is saved by the PC? I want to save it on an SD card so I can view it on my cameras' LCD screen without having to go to my PC. What exactly is "capture"? Thanks.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If you tap the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard, a screen capture of your entire desktop is copied to the Windows clipboard. If you hold down the "Alt" key and tap the "Print Screen" key, only the current active window will copy to the clipboard.

You can not paste directly from the clipboard to the SD card. You would first need to paste the clipboard contents into a suitable image editing program. You can then have the program save the file with the image anywhere you want.

EDIT: Certain programs may use an overlay method to display images and video on the desktop. These may show up as black boxes in the capture.

3. hewee

hewee

4. Danyo

Danyo

If your running Vista use the snipping tool. Programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!