1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to center a printed document using custom size settings

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Money Pit, Dec 4, 2019 at 12:23 PM.

Advertisement
  1. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    I'm using MS Word 2007 (cuz i'm old & cheap)

Here is what I'm trying to achieve. I have about 10 lines that I typed on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I want these lines to fit into a framing "mat" that has an opening of 9.5 in x 7 inches in the middle of this "mat" I thought it was simple too but it's not proving to be. Can anyone provide a short tutorial or page link that can help me out? Many Thanks in advance. Dave

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I have no way of testing if this will work in MS-Word 2007, but ....

You could try setting up the page with 0.75-inch margins on all sides. Then add a 1 column wide and 1 row high table. Set the table width to fit the margins. Set the row height to 9.75 inches. Set the cell's text alignment to vertically centered and set the paragraph alignment to horizontally centered. An example created in MS-Word 2013 is attached I don't know if MS-Word 2007 will open it correctly or not.

Attached Files:

3. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    I'm pretty sure you are on the right track. I just need some instructions on how to set margins, how to set the row height to 9.75 and how to set the cell's text alignment to vertically centered and set the paragraph alignment to horizontally centered. I had no problem with creating a "cell" because I've did that before. I'm sure you have the answer, I just need a little "spoon" feeding. I have to go offline now. I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks: Dave

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Did you try to open the MS-Word file that I uploaded in my previous post and change the text and font to what you want?

I have never used MS-Word 2007 and do not know how the formatting menus may differ from MS-Word 2013. If you cannot get my sample document to print correctly, then maybe someone else here that is familiar with MS-Word 2007 can assist you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice