1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to change Admin password in win2000??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nutech12, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

:confused:
    I get the following msg when I try to chg the Administrators password in win2k:

"No NetWare NDS trees were detected unable to perform change password operation."

then:

"You may need to change your password sepratelyon NetWare 2.x and 3.x Servers thatr are not a part of a password syncronization scheme use setpass (located in the system/public directory to do this"

Someone tell me what this means.. please? How to change my password?

thx

2. stars1234

stars1234

What SP is on the W2K? There is a problem with passwords and Netware.

MS has a KB on it, that might get you pointed in the right direction: KB 322670.

The symptoms are : If you are logged on with User Principle Name (UPN) credentials (that is, [email protected]), NDS trees are not listed in the user interface for changing your password.

They say there are hotfixes, use the latest SP.

I'm not a NetWare person so can't help much more than that. If it's an MS problem I might be able to do more, or maybe we can figure it out together if no one else comes to the rescue.

Bob in Provo

3. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

4. stars1234

stars1234

I assume you are using NetWare.
    Try the KB and see if it leads anywhere.

Although it says use the latest SP, I have SP4 on my sys. too, but that doesn't mean the fix is in it. In a different problem, every since SP2, a KB has been saying make sure that you have the latest SP--or order the hotfix, for $$$, to fix the problem where the HDD keeps moving down a notch in its speed, every time you have 6 consecutive shut down errors. So you can't trust the SP, but I think the KB had a workaround. See, if it sounds like it might work and give it a shot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!