1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Change an Icon in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cynosure1023, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cynosure1023

cynosure1023 Thread Starter

hi,

can somebody help me How to Change an Icon in Vista?
    i have downloaded few icons, but i dont know how to change them., say for example the icon for my hard drive.

i will appreciate all help.

thanks

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

See if the following works for you.

Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize from the menu. On the left side of the next window, choose "Change desktop icons" and select the icon you want to change. Click on the Change Icon button to open a window to select a new icon from the offerings, or browse to a file or folder of icons you may have downloaded from the Web already.

You can change a folder's icon by right-clicking on it and selecting Properties from the resulting menu. Click on the Customize tab in the Properties box and then click on the Change Icon button at the bottom of the box

3. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
  4. Chrismichael

Chrismichael

If you really want to tweek it out get this dock, I love mine and you can make any pic and icon if saved as a .PNG http://rocketdock.com/

5. Timmy69

Timmy69

6. cynosure1023

cynosure1023 Thread Starter

thanks for all your help.

one more thing, say if i want to change the icon for my hard drive, when i click on my computer there is no option of change icon, only if i make a shortcut then only it lets me change the icon and i have some .png icons it won't let me choose from them

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice