How to Change an Icon in Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cynosure1023

hi,

can somebody help me How to Change an Icon in Vista?
i have downloaded few icons, but i dont know how to change them., say for example the icon for my hard drive.

i will appreciate all help.

thanks

bicycle bill

Banned
See if the following works for you.

Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize from the menu. On the left side of the next window, choose "Change desktop icons" and select the icon you want to change. Click on the Change Icon button to open a window to select a new icon from the offerings, or browse to a file or folder of icons you may have downloaded from the Web already.

You can change a folder's icon by right-clicking on it and selecting Properties from the resulting menu. Click on the Customize tab in the Properties box and then click on the Change Icon button at the bottom of the box

cynosure1023

thanks for all your help.

one more thing, say if i want to change the icon for my hard drive, when i click on my computer there is no option of change icon, only if i make a shortcut then only it lets me change the icon and i have some .png icons it won't let me choose from them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online