1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Change Catagory of External Device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rozearle, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rozearle

rozearle Thread Starter

I am networked to another home computer that has an external WD drive connected through a router. I managed to get the sharing done so that I could see it from my computer. But just recently for no apparent reason, the drive's category has changed to MEDIA and whenever I try to open it to get to my documents, Windows Media opens instead. Granted there is alot of music on that drive, but that is not the only thing. I am not even going to try to explore why the change happened, I just need access to that drive as something other than media. What can I do to change the category of an external drive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1133958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice