1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to change desktop icons

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by StepsInSC, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StepsInSC

StepsInSC Thread Starter

I was messing around with some themes I found at a web site, and they changed my "My Computer", "My Documents", "Network Places", and "Recycle Bin" Icons to some weird black and white image. Anyways unlike other icons which are just shortcuts on the desktop I can't just right click these and change them, anyone know how I can change them back?

2. terryxp

terryxp

System restore

3. Huon

Huon

I am guessing you have XP. If so, right click on the desktop, choose Properties, go to the Desktop tab, press the customise desktop button, highlight the icon that you wish to change from the small display in the box, press change icon, and choose the replacement you want.
    Or change the theme.
    (or as Terryxp suggests, use system restore)
    :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!