1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to change pdf to word files

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Gun_for_Hire, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gun_for_Hire

Gun_for_Hire Thread Starter

Does anyone know how to change pdf files to word files. Is there a program that will do this?

2. Endemix

Endemix Guest

Not for free. If you have Acrobat (not reader) you can export as RTF which can be imported into word, but you need Acrobat for that.

3. slipe

slipe

You can do it manually. Select the text tool (big T) and use it to highlight the text. Right click on the highlighted text and select “copy”. You can paste it to Word. The tool next to the text tool is the image selection tool. Use that to cut out graphics and paste to Word.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Look for GhostScript & GhostView here, they'll read PDF files and allow you to convert them to PostScript. They're also free, and I believe will be easier to convert to some other form from PostScript. There are also 3rd party PDF readers, though I don't know much about them.

5. Gun_for_Hire

Gun_for_Hire Thread Starter

I would like to thank you guys for helping me get the .pdf files converted. I now can upload them to my website. If you want to learn how to shoot a pistol, learn the effects of weather on equipment, or even read the actual documents from Roswell, I will now have them on my site.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

BCL Drake is another application that converts PDF to RTF, but I'm sure it's not free. :) AAMOF, it's $199 from their website.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice