1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to change the default back to MS Office

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sailoff, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sailoff

sailoff Thread Starter

I can't seem to be able to convert back to 2003 MS Office. I switched the default to OpenOffice 3.2 to give it a try, but I want to switch back until I can play with OpenOffice a little.
    I went to: Default Programs-Set your Default Programs, but the only MS program that is listed there is MS Outlook. It's not showing Word or Excel. I definitely didn't want to try clicking on Outlook hoping that word or excel are within this same heading. I don't use Outlook and I didn't want to mess up my email program.

MS 2003 office, Win 7

2. valis

valis Moderator

when you have an excel app to open (or any other MS office app to open), right click and choose 'open with'. You will be presented with a list of things to open it with, such as excel, calc (open offices version of excel), etc. Just click on excel and tick the box marked 'always use this app to open this type of files' on the bottom.

hth,

v

3. bp936

bp936

DO open
    --

explorer
    tools
    file types
    -find DOC
    click Change
    and search for Excel, Word and
    click to APPLY it

to open with that one.

4. alexcarlson

alexcarlson

Hi,
    1. Click the Microsoft Office Button Office 2007 Button, and then click New.
    2. Double-click on Blank document to create a new document.
    3. On the Home tab, locate the Styles group, and then click Change Styles.
    4. Then go to Style Set.
    5. Click on Office 2003 or Word 2003 Quick Style set. You can also choose from other predesigned Quick Style such as Modern to apply to the document.
    6. The gallery of Quick Styles will change to reflect the new Quick Style set.
    7. If you want to use Office 2003 font, then on the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Change Styles.
    8. Then point to Fonts.
    9. Click on Office Classic.

Hope these tips will help you.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice