1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to change "trustedinstaller" in windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by spaul40, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spaul40

spaul40 Thread Starter

The method shown for windows 7 does NOT work with Windows 8.

Any ideas how to change this?

I want to delete the windows - old folder and I'm stuck at about 12GB that it will not let me delete because I am not the trusted installer. I am the only user of this system and I am also the administrator.

Drives C: and F: are both solid state drives.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16359 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, 1023 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 114370 MB, Free - 46797 MB; E: Total - 715402 MB, Free - 697914 MB; F: Total - 114470 MB, Free - 73626 MB; G: Total - 1430796 MB, Free - 1379086 MB; H: Total - 70911 MB, Free - 70739 MB;
    Motherboard: ASRock, 990FX Extreme4
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

2. dai

dai

take ownership of the folder

then right click on it and run as admin

your account is a user account with admin privileges,the actual admin account is hidden for security reasons by ms

3. gurutech

gurutech

Run the Disk Cleanup Wizard, and select your C: drive, then select "Clean up System Files" option (may require admin password), and select the Old Win7 files, then proceed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice