1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to check the card reader??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cbtoday, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cbtoday

cbtoday Thread Starter

My pc has multiple card reader for compactflash, smartmedia...etc, where I could just plug my memory in and read the files I have. However today, it doesn't do anything when I plug my card in, it seems that the pc does not detect the card, since that green led doesn't light when I plug it in. What should I do? What is going wrong and how to I check it and fix it?
    THANKS>

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Uninstall it (under Device Manager) and let the PC detect it and reinstall it, but as we have no idea of the Windows version (which would determine if any special drivers were needed) its a bit fuzzy to be more precise.

3. cbtoday

cbtoday Thread Starter

what is it listed in device manager? Sorry I dont know which one to look for, I am using XP.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

And we still have zero idea on what the hardware is that you have, as to it being an add-on card reader, or an integral part of a laptop etc ...

Without at least some basic idea, its hard to be specific, but it would probably be a "mass storage device" under USB in device manager?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490079

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice