Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How To Choose The Right One? Wix vs WordPress?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  camilajames 
#1 ·
What do you guys think which one should I choose? Wix is all over the Place and it is made with Beginners in mind. A non-technical person can also create a Website on Wix with its Website Building Editor without any coding. WordPress powers more than 30% of the Entire Web. I'm little bit confused. Can anyone help me out in Choosing The Right One?

#2 ·
First you write down what you want your web site to do. When you press this it does that. Then you go to Wix and see if you can assemble pieces to work like you specified. Then you go to WordPress and do the same. Which ever platform you choose, Wix or WordPress depends on what they can do to accomplish the job.

#3 ·
WordPress has Blocks. Which is like children's building set blocks. It is very easy to build a website using visual drag and drop either using blocks or page builders. It is true that WordPress has a tiny bit of learning curve and frequent updates. But you can make and rearrange your website as you wish, which I don't think Wix can do.

Since WordPress is free, you can try it and see whether you can manage without any investment.

#6 ·
Yeah I totally agree. Wix also provides a Beautiful Website Building Editor keeping Beginners in mind. What do you think which platform is going to be more cheaper for me? I have a low budget and I wanted to create a Professional Website for my Business. I don't need a large website but my Website should be more Professional, Responsive, Mobile Friendly, User Friendly and most important my website should have less Loading Speed. Keeping these thing in mind which platform will you recommend me?

#4 ·
A self-hosted website built on Wordpress will give you the ultimate choice in how you build your website. Wix and Wordpress hosted at wordpress.com are more restrictive in what you can do with the look feel and functionality of your website. as @lunarlander said clearly define what you want your website to look like and its functionality and only then can you make a choice of which to go with after comparing what you want with which platform can build your requirements.

#7 ·
Everything depends on the features you want on your website. WordPress can offer almost every use case for free ( or affordable ). Check whether you can do that with Wix. I guess you are looking for a simple, single page, static website. Almost all WordPress themes are mobile-friendly.

Budget :

Since WordPress is free software, the only investment is a domain name and hosting account. Once you have picked them check it against the Wix price.

Page loading speed :

It depends mainly on the software you use and hosting provider quality.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

You can use this official Google Page Speed test tool to evaluate.

I think self-hosting is much cheaper than pre-hosted services. But don't take my word, check the hosting and domain price, compare it with what Wix offers and then decide. Good luck.

#11 ·
Yeah I totally agree. WordPress provides free templates and a lot more. I was thinking the same and I have started Developing my website on WordPress as well.

Thanks for your suggestion @BrillMindzz, I appreciate it.
Absolutely, WordPress is a featured rich website builder. If you face any issues with the dashboard of WordPress then you can simply watch the videos. There are several videos online, that provide knowledge about WordPress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.