1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to clean a laptop screen

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by just4me2talk, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. just4me2talk

just4me2talk Thread Starter

My computer monitor is kinda like a laptop screen and has all these little dirty spots that i want to get off. The problem is i don't want to ruin my screen, who does? If anyone has any idea how to clean a laptop screen, please let me know. Thanx

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

3. clsxmas

clsxmas

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I use 25% alcohol and water, works just fine. Whatever cleaner you use, use it SPARINGLY, do NOT let any run behind the bezel! Use only a soft cloth, NEVER use paper products to clean LCD screens, they'll scratch the plastic front plate.

5. clsxmas

clsxmas

Agree with above comments but note that one of the features of klearscreen is that it sprays on an absolutely ultra-fine mist that doesn't form droplets so there is no running liquid. I have used it for several years now on TV, Laptop and LCD screens. I purchase it at a local computer store and a little goes a very long way.

6. net_newsy

net_newsy

I only use soft cloth with mineral water!

7. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Slightly dampen the corner of a lint-free cloth (you can get about a billion cloths from Wal-Mart for next to nothing). Use the damp corner to scrub the screen; use the dry part to wipe it off.

Nothing additional to buy (except the lint-free cloths). Lasts forever. Guarenteed to work on all screens including flat-panel, CRTs, plasma, and eyeglasses.

Courtney

8. RedHelix

RedHelix

Two parts white vinegar + one part water

On newer laptop LCD screens with the sharp-looking glossy finish, isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) can burn off the gloss and make your screen look bland.

9. JohnWill

Sure, but then the screen stinks! :D

You don't use pure alcohol, you use a 25% or so mix with mostly water.

10. stan_879nz

stan_879nz

baby wipes are good leave one to dry and use a wet one best thinks out they are alcohol based but only a very tiny bit

11. JohnWill

I sure wouldn't use those on my screen! :eek: There are oils in the compound they use that's bound to stick to the screen and cause streaking at the very least.

12. gr277

gr277

13. jumper

jumper

I own a newfoundlander dog. he could lick it once and it would be clean, however it would be alot slimy.

14. dr911

dr911

15. Esbenovich

Esbenovich

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice