How To Clean Flat Wide Screen Monitor?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thedash71

Hi guys,

I just recently purchased a new flat wide screen monitor and already it's very dusty! This is my first flat screen so I'm unsure as to how to properly dust/clean it. Is it safe to use normal yellow dusters?

Thanks in advance,
Dash

dry dusting the monitor like everything else won't harm it but if u have nasty stains or dirty figer prints on the screen then u can use a glass cleaner like windex just make sure it doesn't leak into he edges.

sorry no offence but i think this is the funniest question on this forum. lol

I just use a 'damp' (almost dry) cloth on it then a dry lint free one to dry it.
Vicks

managed

Allan
Don't use anything made of paper it will scratch the screen.

I have silicone free Lens/screen wipes that I use to clean mine. They're Anti-Static/Anti-Fog and designed for Lens, Screens, and LCD's. Typically I use them on my glasses when I'm done with my monitor.

You can get LCD screen cleaning kits, with a small squirt bottle of cleaner (usually isopropanol-based), soft scratch-free tissues and a lint-free cloth to dry it with, they're pretty cheap, shouldn't cost more than $10.

am using [philips]anti-run anti-static screen cleaning gel .it is made for that .work really good .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts