How to clear the BIOS on Samsung laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brainwave89

I have a Samsung np520u4c laptop and want to know how to clear the BIOS. Currently, I do not have access to the BIOS in the normal manner.

I removed the CMOS battery and waited for over an hour till I plugged it back in. This did not create a solution.

Thank you for looking.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What is the real problem that you think that clearing the BIOS will solve?

brainwave89

Thank you, DaveA. Without my consent or instruction a BIOS password has been activated. Upon boot it asks me to enter a password.

Couriant

James
Does anyone else have access to this machine? How long have you had this machine?

crjdriver

You can clear the bios until the cows come home; it is not going to fix a bios pw. A laptop is different than a desktop in regard to bios pw.
Since we do not offer assistance with pw issues, I am closing this thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online