1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to clear the cached dns in windows xp?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by techshan, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techshan

techshan Thread Starter

Hi

In our company , I am having a remote user who is logging through vpn to our head office server with ip 192.168.0.50.

We are using sonicwall TZ180 VPN FIREWALL which is configured perfectly and working quiet until now without any problem.

But only one remote user cannot login to our vpn with connection made in her laptop and saved as shortcut in her desktop as " examplevpn.com".When she clicks that icon,she will connect to our vpn.

But all of a sudden she is not able to connect to the vpn with her wireless in her laptop when she is using it in her house but there is no problem when she is using the same laptop in her office where she is connecting through LAN cable

What I found the problem when I connected her laptop in teamviewer and checking is her dns resolving functionality is not working in her laptop properly particularly only with the examplevpn.com.

For your information,our examplepn.com's ip address is registered with changeip.com,where the ip for our examplevpn.com is given dynamic ip

to sort out this issue i tried to ping examplepn.com from her laptop but request timed out came and in this point what i found is it is resolving the old ip for examplevpn.com which is not existing

but when i tried to ping examplevpn.com from another pc in our office , it is pinging,So i noted the new ip for examplevpn.com and pinged the new ip allocated to examplevpn.com from her laptop ,found working

When I edit the vpn connection peer setting with new ip address for examplevpn.com instead of hostname "examplevpn.com" and connect her laptop it is connecting to vpn.

My question is I want to clear the cached dns of examplevpn.com from her laptop .I ran ipconfig/flushdns it is saying dns cleared, but still pointing to the old ip address for examplevpn.com when i tried to ping it from her laptop

She is forced to use the ip address instead of examplevpn.com..After connecting to vpn also, she cannot use the name of our server for accessing,she has to use the ip address 192.168.0.50

Can anybody give the solution to clear the dns resolving problem for examplevpn.com to be cleared?

With Thanks

Techshan

2. Megabite

Megabite

Go Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>Command Prompt

Open Command Prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns.......click Enter key

3. techshan

techshan Thread Starter

Hi

I already ran the ipconfig/flushdns .It is saying it cleared but when i run the ping examplevpn.com it is trying to ping the old cached ip address of the examplevpn.com.

That is the problem I am facing Anybody knows the solution?

Techshan

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Is her Router cacheing it???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice