1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to configure outlook?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by testbysunny, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. testbysunny

testbysunny Thread Starter

hi,
    i am new to outlook. i have just installed outlook on my pc. i dnt know how to add email account or manage it. and what is the term outlook connector and what is use of it? can i add gmail and yahoo account also in outlook? can my differrent accounts work together in outlook?
    thank you.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Hi testbysunny

The Outlook Connector is a free program you can download to collect your Hotmail account messages.
    Download the Outlook Connector here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en

More about the Outlook Connector:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

You must have a paid subscription to Yahoo to be able to download messages onto your hard drive.
    If you do not, then the answer is "No", you cannot setup Yahoo in Outlook.

Yes, you can configure your Gmail account in Outlook:
    Login to your Gmail account and click on the Settings link at the top right of the page.
    Then click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
    There you can enable POP access to Gmail.

What version of Outlook are you using?
    Help > About will tell you.

3. testbysunny

testbysunny Thread Starter

i have installed office 2007 and 2010 beta. they automatically installed outlook.
    i dnt know how to configure it.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

If you have a Hotmail account, start with downloading the Outlook Connector and installing it.
    I if recall, the prompts should walk you through the setup.

For Gmail, Login to your Gmail account and follow the steps I posted above. There is a link called: Configuration Instructions that will show you how to configure your Gmail account in Outlook 2007.

You most likely have Outlook 2010 installed at this point, let us know if the configuration instructions for Outlook 2007 do not match up with Outlook 2010.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice