1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How To Configure Popup Window In Drop Down mm_menu?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by scott_dev, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scott_dev

scott_dev Thread Starter

This is the code I'm using on a standard link with no drop down menu for a popup window looks like this:

<a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('hxxp://xxx.domain.net/resources/news.php','news','toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=775,height=600')">Enrollment</a>

This is a drop down menu item I'd like to open in the same manner with the same window size, etc., but I don't know how to configure it:

window.mm_menu_0702144516_2 = new Menu("root",120,18,"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif",10,"#ffffff","#960101","#6881b4","#f1d4d2","center","middle",4,0,1000,3,0,true,true,true,0,false,true);

mm_menu_0702144516_2.addMenuItem("News","location='../resources/news.php'");

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

2. cnelson04

cnelson04

i'm not really sure what your asking but, http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ has great DHTML scripts i rember useing a pop-up scrpit from them before, and it worked good! :) hope that helps some. btw; welcome to TSG. :) -cnelson

3. scott_dev

scott_dev Thread Starter

I was just saying that I know how to create a popup using the popup code I posted, but I'm trying to create the same kind of setup using the mm-menu javascript - but don't know how to configure it.

4. Gibble

Gibble

Are you saying you want the menu, when clicked, to open the link in a new window?

5. scott_dev

scott_dev Thread Starter

yes - and hopefully be able to set the window size and other attributes similar to the other popup link.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!