1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Connect 2 monitors to an hp laptop?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Bamagirl86, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamagirl86

Bamagirl86 Thread Starter

I have a hp notebook 15 f387wm and I am trying to find out how to connect 2 additional monitors and extend screens and I'm needing to know what cables, adapters, etc. I would need in order to do so. Thank you

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    According to the specs the laptop has one HDMI port that you can use and performance and features would be identical as your built in laptop screen since it uses the same graphics card for everything. For a second external monitoring you would need to use a USB 3.0 video adapter. USB adapters are fine for basic things but will not be good for gaming or 3D/design work or modeling and sometimes not even for video as the performance will not be equal to that of the laptop's integrated graphics chip.

What cables and adapters you need will depend on what monitors you have or buy and what inputs they come with. A monitor with an HDMI input would simply need an HDMI cable, which may come with the monitor. You can also get HDMI to DVI cables/adapters for a monitor that has DVI but not HDMI. For the one that has to connect with USB you can get an adapter that goes from USB to HDMI, DVI, or VGA as required by the monitor.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice