1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Connect 2 Soho Routers with different network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jl5, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jl5

jl5 Thread Starter

Hi Buddies,

I hope this forum may help me a lot. Can you please help me finding a solution for this issue?
    I want to connect two different networks with 2 soho routers.

R#1 - 10.2.2.0/24
    Router - 1 WAN port and 4 LAN ports

R#2 - 10.1.1.0/24
    Router - 1 WAN port and 4 LAN ports

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Perhaps you could tell us exactly what you're trying to accomplish? What's the point of two routers, do you have two ISP feeds?

3. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    Are you referring to a static VPN (sometimes called Branch Office VPN) between devices so each locating shows up as its own subnet and are pingable??

4. jl5

jl5 Thread Starter

these two networks do not need to connect ISP, no internet connection needed
    only for data transfer and do not want to purchase high-end router (brand new or second hand)
    just want to configure using current devices

Static VPN - I'm not clear what your mean. I don't think my soho routers(TP-Link 54M Wireless Router) have VPN configuration. If possible, give me more explanation. Thx

5. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    A branch office VPN would connect two different offices together. Are both of these networks in the same building. If not, there would have to be Internet Access involved.

6. jl5

jl5 Thread Starter

thx buddy, please guide me how to setup vpn using TP-Link 54M Wireless Router (1 wan, 4 ports lan) ? two different networks are in the same building.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/929011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice