How to connect 3 internet cafes via internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CoolNQuiet

Good day, I want to inquire if it is possible that I can connect the LAN's of all my internet cafe branches. They are situated about 100 meters in between. I thought of using LAN wires but city ordinance prohibits attaching LAN wires through city owned posts. That's why the only means might be via the internet.

Here are some pertinent specs and conditions existing.

Cafe1: 96 Units/windows xp sp3/4 DSL static connections via load balancer/router

Cafe2: 20 Units/windows xp sp3/1 DSL static connection via router

Cafe3: 120 Units/windows xp sp3/3 DSL static connection via load balancer/router

GOAL: My goal is to be able to connect these 3 groups so that players can be able to connect with each other for cooperative games.

Example:
Unit 1 in Cafe 1 will create/host a LAN game in Warcraft DOTA and the rest of the units across all the 3 cafe's will be able to join in. That way they can play cooperatively without joining any server hosted games like Garena/battlenet etc....

Thank You very much. Have a good day! ^^

To connect these cafe's you could setup VPN's (Virtual Private networks) on the routers. WOuld need to know the specific make and model of router in order to help you any further with that though.

CoolNQuiet

Unfortunately no line of sight. The branches are more or less 100 meters away from each other. I considered using wireless signals but it's just too impractical considering inconsistencies and compromised integrity of the wireless connection. Also, I am not sure how wireless may be able to handle LAN hosted games.

I came upon VPN configuration while browsing the net but I am at a lose as how to proceed.

Ill try reading johnwill's posts.

-Thx

CoolNQuiet

My router is TP-LINK TL-R488T loadbalancer/router. I have one for each branch. It has 4 WAN connections each. I tried looking at its admin config but there's no mention of VPN.

-thx

Looking for your routers specifics setup just now, will get back to you when i have the details to enable you to setup a VPN

Sorry took so long to get back to you.... been quite busy recently.... after some research, noticed that the routers you are using have no functionality ofr setting up VPN's. They do have VPN throughput but that will not help really much for what you are lookingt o setup.

Without getting new routers, it becomes a very difficult task. You could use a spare machine at each location to route all traffic and setup it to control router VPN connections since the router's cannot themselves. However not really practical and since you have pretty much no line of site for wireless.

My Advice would be get some new routers that have VPN functionality and setup VPN's between sites.

Hi Sir neil i also too have that same problem but i am using DI-LB604 ... i have having problems on how to set it up

what seems to be the problem? setting up a VPN on this router seems to be relatively straight forward
set your tunnel list
type tunnel name
enable the tunnel
select whether static or dynamic tunnel
set local ip and subnet
set remote ip and subnet
set gateway ip or domain
setup key if using
can select ID for local or remote (optional)
continue setup

If you need further help, just let me know the specifics of where you need the help.

sir after i have set this up. i have 10 units on my other cafe and to 10units to the other. can those units see each other through lan?

as long as you sites are all internally networked and setup using DHCP so they all have internal IP addresses e.g. PC1 = 192.168.123.1 and PC2 = 192.168.123.2 etc etc

please make sure that your router at different sites all have different lan addresses though otherwise you will come across a problem e.g. site1 = 192.168.123.x
site2 = 192.168.124.x
site3 = 192.168.125.x

Im assuming you already have the network setup individually at each site. once you have connected these sites via VPN, you should be able to connect to any of the PC's at any site as long as you have allowed incomming connections on each PC.

ok thanks very much sir i will try it today.. sir can ask for your email so i could get in touch with you. if its ok ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online