1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to connect akasa vegas rgb control card to MS-7917

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sergeant.Raven, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Sergeant.Raven

Sergeant.Raven Thread Starter

im struggling to connect the control card to my motherboard simply because i dont know where to plug it to, and i cant find any tutorials online on how to do it, and the user manual was no help at all.

i also bought the akasa vegas MBW magnetic led strips to go with it, but i dont know how to connect them as the control board has 4 pins and the strips have 5 holes (marked: + R G B and W) guessing the W is white, but i have no idea what the + is.

i have connected the control board to the SATA port, but i dont know where to go from there.

any help would be so much appriciated.

-Raven

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16335 Mb
    Graphics Card: Radeon RX 590 Series, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (89 GB Free); D: 1863 GB (577 GB Free);
    Motherboard: MSI, Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Sergeant.Raven, and welcome to TSG.

The Akasa Vegas RGB PCI Slot Control Card (AK-RLD-02) is designed with a switch to select stand-alone or motherboard control. Your MS-7917 does not seem to have any LED lighting strip support and does not have any LED strip output header. You will need to operate the card in stand-alone mode.

The Akasa Control Card is designed to operate LED strips with only red, green, and blue LEDs. The MBW magnetic led strips have red, green, and blue plus White LEDs. Your card should be able to light up only the red, green, and blue LEDs in the strips. The (+) lead in the strip is a common feed for all the colored LEDs and must tie to the + output pin on the card header.

It sounds like you have the SATA power feed to the card figured out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice