1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to connect infrared of a phone with Windows XP

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Nitishbpo, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nitishbpo

Nitishbpo Thread Starter

Hi guys

I wanted to know how to connect an infrared connection of a phone with Windows XP. So that I can transfer files very easily. And I have a dx-905usb Wireless LAN adapter can I use it for that connection?

Please explain it to me in detail

thanks

2. zyper95

zyper95

No, that only way you can connect your phone via infrared (IR) your computer should have a (IR) infrared receiver.

3. Nitishbpo

Nitishbpo Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply Zyper95. I have to tell you the truth that I haven't heard of an hardware called Infrared receiver for PC can you please tell where to get it online and what kind of software does that need. And one more thing as i mentioned above I have a dx-905usb Wireless LAN adapter can I use this adapter to transfer files to my phone via blue tooth option or is there any other way that I could transfer files to my phone wireless or what are the types of phones that can easily access to PC wireless so that I can get them. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

5. zyper95

zyper95

The Wireless LAN adapter is used to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot to get to the internet, this device uses radio frequency that is much different to the radio frequency of the bluetooth. So since your phone has a built in bluetooth, you can transfer file to your computer using a USB Bluetooth Dongle. This is just a plug and play device, you just have to plug the USB bluetooth dongle to any USB port of your computer wait until the built in driver is installed and you are all set.

6. Nitishbpo

Nitishbpo Thread Starter

Thanks for your help guys I will get one of those Dongle.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You may need to install some software for your phone in order to transfer files using Bluetooth.

8. Nitishbpo

Nitishbpo Thread Starter

Do you have any idea what kind of software is that? Please tell me really don't have any idea about mobiles

9. zyper95

zyper95

What kind of files exactly you will need to transfer from your phone to your computer? If you will only transfer MP3 files from computer to phone or vice versa, you no longer need to have a software installed just the bluetooth dongle will do just fine.

But if your going to transfer emails, sms messages or phone contacts from phone to your computer, you need to install a download a PC Suite software that came with your phone. Like nokia phones, it has a special software that which is the PC Suite that can be downloaded for Free from their website.

So if you need that software to transfer your file, just visit the website of your phone manufacturer and download the software and install it on your computer.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/886965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice