1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to connect laptop to Panasonic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bp936, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bp936

bp936 Thread Starter

I have an Mgd laptop with a VGA plug, to a Panasonic plasma tv with an HDMI plugged in, windows xp will not recognize the tv. Is there a way to get my desktop dislayed on the tv?

2. yzman

yzman

i am not sure i undrestand what cable you are using to connect the laptop to the TV?

your laptop has VGA, you should be able to use that. it might also have an s-video out which you can also use.
    the TV has HDMI, which you probably will not be able to use. check if it has VGA and use that, if it does not, it probably has a DVI port, which should work fine. you can get a VGA-DVI cable or a VGA cable with a DVI adapter.
    you can google these ports to see what they look like.

hope this helps

3. bp936

bp936 Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip, Will try it out!

4. bp936

bp936 Thread Starter

thank you yzman, the question is for my son, he bought a cable with one end VGA and the other end an HDMI plug, but nothing happens. Neither the TV nor the laptop says anything, as if nothing is plugged in, nothing is listed in Add Remove Hardware to install a TV or monitor.
    There is no S-Video port on laptop but there is one, looks like S-Video plug but has 7 holes and no S-Video cable fits.
    You gave me an idea I should have thought of, looking at plugs on Google.
    He might have to get an RBG cable for both ends.
    But I still don't understand, why XP has no option to "use an external monitor" while my Toshiba does have those options.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/940989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice