How to connect my android phone to my reliance datacard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rishirocker

hi, i have a datacard with unlimited plan but it does not have a wifi capability.
basically i want to connect my gionee s7 5.0 to it.
i've been surfing the net for the past few days.
i came upon the following options:

1. i'm ready to buy a wireless router(Tenda TE-N3 N150 Easy Setup Router is my choice) but my doubt is that whether it will be able to create a wifi network using the network from my datacard through my pc(winxp).

2.using wireless adapter:by using softwares to make it function like a router.but i don't know how much reliable this method is.plus even the posters recommend to go for a router.

3.Reverse tethering my phone: but for it all the sites say the phone must be rooted. And i'm not able to root my phone in any way.so this choice is out.Reply to this choice if there's any way to reverse tether without rooting.

most of all i want to spend the least and be sure it'll work.

pls help and tnx.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Tell us more about this "Datacard", who is the provider and does the OEM allow it to be networked per your purchase agreement?

Include make and model of this datacard.

Rishirocker

Tell us more about this "Datacard", who is the provider and does the OEM allow it to be networked per your purchase agreement?

Include make and model of this datacard.
My datacard is RELIANCE NETCONNECT +. OEM-HUAWEI
and i dont know how to get other details if you want any.
pls help....

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It appears to me that this device is a single entry USB dongle to access satellite internet provider.

I see NO method of sharing this device with a router.

If you were to look at the markings on the dongle, you should see a model number, which would help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online