1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to connect my pc to my tv

Discussion in 'Networking' started by t4lor, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. t4lor

t4lor Thread Starter

hi there can I have some help to connect my pc via my router to my tv that has a Lan connection in it,
    I have connected my tv to my router via a Lan cable but I dont know were to go from there,
    what Iam trying to do is for me to view my home movies on my tv,
    thanks for now,

2. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

More information.
    Make and Model of the TV?
    Make and Model of the router?
    Make and Model of the PC?

Any instructions in the User Manual for the TV?

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    we need the info/answers to the questions provided by dlsayremn

in addition - what windows version is on the PC - XP, Vista, W7 W8 ?

The TV will need to be able to support DLNA media servers to be able to do this and the PC will need to have the home videos on a dlna server - like windows media etcand in a format the TV will support - hence we need make and the exact models of the TV / Router and PC

4. t4lor

t4lor Thread Starter

hi thanks for trying to help me,
    my tv is a panasonic tx-p42s20b
    my router is a netgear but cannot find a model number on it but it about 4 years old supplied by sky,
    the pc Iam trying at the momnet to send my movies from is a windows 7 pc and the other one I will also try and send the movies from is a windows xp,
    I hope this helps you out for me,
    thankyou,

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so that TV should work with dnla server and see the default version windows 7

on the TV
    so if you use Viera Tools and select media servers
    what is listed on the TV

6. t4lor

t4lor Thread Starter

hi there, the only option i have under viera tools is photos - video - pause live tv - viera link control,

i have pressed on link control but it only starts up my dvd box,
    i hope this helps

7. zzr1971

zzr1971

Hi there, I have the same telly as you (tx-p42s20b) and the ethernet connection is for interactive services only! I purchased this TV thinking i could do the same as what you want to do but the simple answer is no you cant... Im hoping that Panasonic might give us the option in a firmware upgrade but im not holding my breath!

8. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  9. t4lor

t4lor Thread Starter

Hi thanks for helping me on this,
    Zzr1971 can you tell me how will I know when the update fixes this situation is there an easy way to find out ?
    Thanks for now

10. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    the dlna functionality has been available for some time on Panasonic Tvs - mine has it, but i was also promised by the shop that the portal would be having iplayer and on demand TV etc- but that has never materialised on this older model, as they changed the portal and the new portal is not supported on the older TVs.

so its possible it may never come ?

I would write to Panasonic Support - thats how I found out that my TV would not see the new services

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice