1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to connect to WiFi internet in diagnostic startup mode of windows 7 ?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pdudeja, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pdudeja

pdudeja Thread Starter

Hi

I have a wireless modem router, and I am trying to connect to intenet in Diagnostic Startup Mode of windows 7. It works absolutely fine in Normal Startup mode.

I applied diagnostic startup mode using msconfig options and then restarted the laptop.

Then I started starting the services one by one which are needed for WiFi connection, e.g.

WLAN Autoconfig - Its depencies first - Its dependecy's dependencies first and so on..

In between I am not able to start many of the services it is indirectly dependent on at a lower level...

Finally I am able to connect to the Wireless Router, but then I get a "Limited Access" to the connection...

How can I access the internet in Diagnostic Startup mode of the Windows 7 ?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    why are you trying to do that - if it all works OK ?

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Diagnostic mode is probably misnamed. It is really a simple, reduced mode like Safe Mode that allows access when normal access is denied. Many services and drivers are not available which is by design. There is no reason to be trying to connect wirelessly in this mode. Nothing will be accomplished and any results cannot be necessarily translated back to normal mode.

4. pdudeja

pdudeja Thread Starter

Because sometimes my laptop becomes very very unresponsive because the hard disk is busy doing something, videos in media player play with a lot of disturbance and i bet that because of hard disk is too busy.

But when I run in diagnostic mode, my videos play fine in media player and laptop becomes responsive, but at the same time my internet connection and sound goes off.

I want that these two things to work (sound and internet connection) in a windows mode which has only basic services running plus every service required for running these two things.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/988882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice