1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to connect VCR to computer?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Toto11, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toto11

Toto11 Thread Starter

I have some VHS home movies I would like to transfer to DVD, or to my computer directly from my VCR. I bought an easy cap connector, but it needs to be hooked up to a TV or Camcorder. Is there any way I can just connect my VCR directly to my desktop computer and transfer them that way? I would greatly appreciate some help and input on doing this. Thank you.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi, and welcome to TSG.

If this is what you purchased and your VCR has RCA jacks for outputting composite video and stereo or mono analog audio, then you should just need a simple A/V RCA patch cable to connect the VCR outputs to the RCA jacks on the EasyCap device. Unless you have a very old computer, it should have a USB port for attaching the EasyCap device to the computer. You will need to install software that came with the EasyCap unit.
    http://www.easycap.org/

Unless your computer has video input jacks (most don't), you most likely can not connect a typical VCR directly to the computer.

3. Toto11

Toto11 Thread Starter

The easycap I've got won't install. I did it once and it ended with saying installation failed. So I uninstalled it and tried to do it again. Now it won't even try, when I click install on the disc it promptly says it can't and closes itself. I don't know what to do with it, when it won't even start up. I have windows 7, 62 bit, 2.0 port. I can see no reason why it won't install. Therefore I was seeking a different way to go.

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  5. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    :confused: It has to be either a 32 bit or 64 bit version

Is the CD labeled as being compatible with the version you do have?

Did you try running the installer as Administrator?

6. Toto11

Toto11 Thread Starter

According to what I understand yes it is supposed to be compatible. And yes typo it is a 64 bit.

7. Toto11

Toto11 Thread Starter

I did try running it as administrator. It is stuck in the same mode or something, it does not want to be user friendly.

8. Toto11

Toto11 Thread Starter

I'm beginning to think a vhs to dvd combo recorder might be my best answer. idk......

9. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
  10. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice