How to connect Xbox 360 to internet with pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kat Lomas

Hello,

I purchased an Xbox 360 today, and I am attempting to connect it to my internet network using an ethernet cable and my Windows 10 PC.

I went to the search bar and put in ncpa.cpl to open network settings.

I shared the network, allowing other devices to connect to my computer's internet connection.

I connected the Xbox 360 and Windows 10 pc with an ethernet cable.

I restarted my computer, in case the changes needed a restart to take effect.

I turned on my Xbox 360 and went to settings > network settings.

I reset the internet specifications to factory default, automatic.

As far as I am aware, it should then have connected no problem.

But when I test the Xbox live connection, it tells me that the Xbox 360 is not being given an IP address by my modem. I can't connect and I don't understand why.

I know that I can bridge the connection, but that prevents me from being able to use the internet on my PC at the same time. I would therefore like to avoid this method.

I would greatly appreciate some assistance. It's extremely frustrating.

Why don't you buy a Ethernet splitter and give your pc and xbox a Ethernet cable. Also why are you wanting to use a 360 in 2017?

Kat Lomas

My pc is wireless. The router is on a different floor. I'm attempting to use the pc as a wireless adapter by sharing its internet connection, as i explained.

I want to use an xbox 360 in 2017 because not everyone can afford to shell out $400 for a new generation system. Assuming they can shows a somewhat narrow world view.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online