1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to contact Telco about dialup line

Discussion in 'Networking' started by X_Gamer7, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

Ok, so I found out that the deal with dialing up being cut in half was not because of the modem, because I am still getting only 28Kb/s connectiong speed. Is there any way to contact my telco and ask them whats up with this? Someone suggested that they put me and somebody else on a single copper ling, forcing my modem to revert back down to v.34 mode, causing me to connect at what I do. Will they do something about this if I contact them and tell them to fix it, or is it something where I am just an unlucky person and too bad for me?

2. stod73

stod73

My experience with dialup has been that the speed is not affected by the phone wire but by whom youÂ’re trying to dial. Are there any other numbers available for your ISP in your area?

3. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

Unfortunately, no there are no other access numbers in my area, but I am trying to get them to make another one. I'm sending them an e-mail asking for atleast one more access number for my area. Maybe if enough people complain about it, they'll get another one out here.:D

4. stod73

stod73

Who's your ISP? Perhaps it's time to change....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!