How to convert Real Player .avi to .gif

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soonersublim

I am trying to convert a .avi to a .gif file

I have downloaded a couple of different converters and they want to convert it into mpeg only. Basically what I am trying to do is take a highlight(sports) and use it on my web page.

Please help me

So you want to freeze a frame from an avi film and make it into a .gif still? Or do you want to make an animation based on .gif stills. Be a little clearer. If you want to freeze a frame then you need to pull the avi into an NLE--Windows Movie Maker (the latest version) willl allow you to save a frame as a pic--normally jpeg or png.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
The wonderful Irfanview will extract all the frames from a AVI file into a directory. You can then use it to convert the jpegs to gifs

what i use to make a gif animation out of a movie clip is
1. convertmovie3.0 to convert the movie to quicktime format.
2. quicktime pro. to select the section of the clip i want to use.
3. adobe imagready. to make the gif animation.
i have not found any FREE programs to do this. so i use this stuff
if any one knows of a free program to do this. please let us know thanks

Virtualdub can extract portions of an AVI/MPEG and save as an image sequence. Free

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!