1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to convert Real Player .avi to .gif

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by soonersublim, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soonersublim

soonersublim Thread Starter

I am trying to convert a .avi to a .gif file

I have downloaded a couple of different converters and they want to convert it into mpeg only. Basically what I am trying to do is take a highlight(sports) and use it on my web page.

Please help me

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

So you want to freeze a frame from an avi film and make it into a .gif still? Or do you want to make an animation based on .gif stills. Be a little clearer. If you want to freeze a frame then you need to pull the avi into an NLE--Windows Movie Maker (the latest version) willl allow you to save a frame as a pic--normally jpeg or png.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

The wonderful Irfanview will extract all the frames from a AVI file into a directory. You can then use it to convert the jpegs to gifs

4. wilson44512

wilson44512

what i use to make a gif animation out of a movie clip is
    1. convertmovie3.0 to convert the movie to quicktime format.
    2. quicktime pro. to select the section of the clip i want to use.
    3. adobe imagready. to make the gif animation.
    i have not found any FREE programs to do this. so i use this stuff
    if any one knows of a free program to do this. please let us know thanks

5. lister

lister

Virtualdub can extract portions of an AVI/MPEG and save as an image sequence. Free

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice