1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to copy data from hard disk to pen drive using Bart PE bootable disk?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bspkumar, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bspkumar

bspkumar Thread Starter

I have created a Bart PE bootable XP cd.
    I can boot into windows using this CD
    I would like to know how to copy the data in my hard disk to pen drive or flash drive.

Thank you.

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

use the A43 file management menu in "Programs"

3. bspkumar

bspkumar Thread Starter

I have used the A43 file manager.
    It has detected the hard disk, it detected all the local drives expect the usb drive.
    That is the problem.

Thank you.

4. casper0191

casper0191

HAve you tried to see if you could just install the Os to the system then? you cant' really save something on the USB devices if you are running and OS there. But have tried if you can burn the on a CD at least you can save them in there. ?

5. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

look in disk manager if the drive has a disk number right click on the disk number and click "reactivate"

6. bspkumar

bspkumar Thread Starter

Actually, first I've tried to backup the data into DVDs.
    But, the burning process fails just after it starts. That is another issue. I am really vexed with all these issues at once ( hard disk, burning, corrupted files....etc ).

I have posted a question about the burning issue to Nero e-mail support. But, got no reply yet.

This is the issue :

I am trying to burn the data ( documents, videos...etc ) in my hard disk as data DVD using DVD-R .
    But burns stops just after it started.
    I have tried with different brands inluding Sony and at differnet speeds ( x8, x12, x16 )
    Sometimes it is giving power calibration error.
    I can burn any type of files using CDs but, not with DVDs.
    Some of system files in my PC were corrupt. May it be the reason?
    The working status of DVD writer is fine in device manager, no exlamanation marks.
    I am attaching 3 error reports.

OS XP SP3
    Writer : SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
    Burning : Nero 9

Thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

7. bspkumar

bspkumar Thread Starter

I will check it out and let you know the result.

Thank you.

8. casper0191

casper0191

Well did you consider teh problem might be a DVD drive probelm?

9. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

I'm with casper on this one. Sounds like the laser on your burner is bad.

10. bspkumar

bspkumar Thread Starter

Regarding using pen drive in AF3 file manager :
    I didn't find reactivate option.
    However, I have connected pen drive before starting up the PC. Pen drive is detected in this way.

Regarding the DVD drive :

I got reply from Nero today. They have provided the following troubleshooting steps.

1.Update firmware
    2.Try with diff DVD brands
    3.Try different power cables. Do not share power for your disc recorder with other devices – the disc recorder needs its own power cable. If the problem occurs with an external disc recorder then check the power source in the case. Take the disc recorder out of the external case and connect the disc recorder internally to see if that solves the problem.

4.If you are using a IDE/P-ATA disc recorder then try connecting the drives in a different configuration, i.e. connecting the disc drive to the primary bus and setting the disc recorder you are using to "Master" on the secondary bus instead of running them as master and slave on one bus.
    (If you have an old IDE cable we recommend that you exchange it for a ATA-133 80 wire cable).

5.Defective disc recorder - the optical head on your disc recorder may need cleaning or servicing. It is also possible that the circuit board on your disc recorder has an open coil or blown diode/resistor. Any one of these factors could cause burn problems. The only solution with any of these problems is to send the disc recorder to the manufacturer for service.

I have performed steps exept 4 and 5th. I didn't understand the 4th step.
    Please help me with the 4th step.

I have contacted Sony ( DVD writer ) India support. But, they didn't help me as they have stopped marketing for DVD writers in India.

Thank you for your time.

11. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

Because you are able to burn cd's but not dvd's Id say you are at step 5 which pretty much means it's time to purchase a new burner unless the one you have is still under warranty.

12. casper0191

casper0191

Exactly failing burner can be sometimes the point that must not be overlooked.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!