1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to copy database search results to a text file?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by wango, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wango

wango Thread Starter

How do I copy database search results to a text file?

I was trying this but appaently it did not fly.

select * from categories << f:\myfile.txt

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Hello... Do you know how to Cut & Paste? Can you highlight it by running the mouse over it while holding down the left key?

If so do that & then either right click & copy or .. you can hold down Ctrl & click C.

Then open a notepad & set the cursor there & hold down Ctrl & click V .......or right click & paste.

then go to file & "save as" ... name the file & select at the top which directory & then click save

That should do it unless its the format that you can't Copy from... then you have to center it to most visible view & do a print screen.

Savvy :) hope that helped

3. Rockn

Rockn

You have the pipe command going the wrong way anyways....LOL It needs to go >> the other way. I do not believe a DOS pipe command will get you what you want, and I do not believe you can put this in a select statement either. You never stated what application you were using, If it's Access you can do this in a VB function on a form or with an action button.

4. wango

wango Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I am doing this in the "SQL Server Query Analyzer". If I am in VB oe VC, I can very easily send the info to a file; but I happen to vbe on a machine that does not have any of those applications.

Wango

5. TimCottee

TimCottee

If you haven't figured it out already, right-click the results window in the grid there. You should then have the option to export the results.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice