How to create a wallpaper with links?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheTOM_SK

Hi there, I have a little problem, if you can advice, please do. Thanks forward.
I would like to put files and internet shortcuts (1-click to open) into a wallpaper.
Is it possible to do it? I guess, that it is called HTML wallpaper or active desktop.

As far as I know Vista does not support active desktop, so is it possible to do it or not?
I would not mind to use a software, which would allow me to create such a wallpaper.

TheTOM_SK

That is what I want to do, but like 1-click links, not double-click.
Anyway, 150 icons would not fit on my 800 x 600, only about 80.
It would be much easier to sort it in wallpaper, it should look like:
Headlines: Forums (net links), Utilities (links to software in PC), etc.
Sorting 150 icons would take houres, but not if they would be in HTML.

I just would like to know, if it is possible, if not, I will find other way to do it.

TheTOM_SK

Higher resolution would only result in more useless space. :)
If HTML desktop would work, I would think about 19' monitor.
So far I have solved it like this, I put my shortcuts to start menu.
If anyone would find out, how to get HTML work, please let me know.

i dont have vista , but i have made an html page and saved it and loaded it up as a desktop . doesnt this work in vista ? . i

TheTOM_SK

Vista says, that I can choose "All Picture Files" and that is all.
But maybe, I just did not have a proper HTML wallpaper to load.
Could you please upload a HTML wallpaper, which works to you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online