1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to create desktop shortcut with Imac???

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by ej, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ej

ej Thread Starter

I'm trying to help my 75 yr old mom create a desktop shortcut to her web page with her Imac, only prob is shes 3000 miles away and I am a windows pc user! Can somebody give me some info here???:confused:

2. emoxley

emoxley

On a pre-OSX mac, you could single click the icon for the program you need the shortcut for, and press "Command (Apple key)" and "M" key, at same time. The "M" stood for "Make Alias".
    Click on the "Alias" icon (on top of original icon), and drag to desktop. Not sure how OSX handles this. Maybe the same way? Never tried it with a web page address.................
    Good luck!

3. VegasACF

VegasACF

Command (Apple) + L is the OS X command for making an alias (shortcut).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/429245