1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to create hotmail with the address as @hotmail.com

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chinchye, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chinchye

chinchye Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am using IE7.0. I wish to create a hotmail account. I am not from uk. So I go to hotmail.com. In the sign up page, I wish to have my email as <something>@hotmail.com, but I do not have this option to choose. The option that I have is either live.co.uk or hotmail.com.uk.

So what must I do so that I can select hotmail.com.
    Thanks

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Seems from reading this forum http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=195010 that you can only have a hotmail.com address if you are from the USA, as you need to have a zip code,it must have changed since I have a hotmail.com account for the last 8 years and Im in the UK , there used to be options at one time for hotmail.co.uk or hotmail.com,seems they are not there anymore ...In any case I think they are both the same in the way they work,I did switch once years ago and they were identical .....

3. chinchye

chinchye Thread Starter

Hi Thanks Telecom69.
    I dont mind putting a fake usa address just to get a @hotmail.com but I am worried that hotmail may cancel my acct if they found out the truth about my location.
    Thanks

4. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Shouldnt think that will happen, I think most people dont give out true details when asked for them,not like they are going to be writing to your home address is it ? go ahead give it a try,I would like to know how you get on, so that we would know for anyone in the future asking the same question ......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/750280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice