Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Elvandil 
#1 ·
I am working on my sisters Toshiba L655d-S5055 notebook. windows 7, 3gb, amd v120 processor, 250gb drive. Started with error msg at boot "encountered a problem communicating with a device at startup......". Couldn't get by this error. took out drive, inserted into usb-enclosure, and tested. numerous sector errors. She has also lost the recovery disks I made for her. I used partition software to scan just the recovery partition, and there are no errors reported there. What I would like to do, is to copy to a flash drive, or make new recovery dvd's from this recovery partition; then I can use the coa from the back of the notebook (if necessary) for full install onto a new hard drive. However, I can't use the toshiba notebook for this; I can only use my desktop pc for the xfer; using the toshiba hard drive as a usb external drive, and the toshiba media creator software will not install onto my desktop pc (doesn't give me a reason). I would prefer to go the dvd-route, but flash drive would be ok, too. Any info is appreciated. thanks.

#4 ·
I think they need to be made using the "Tools" that are on the Toshiba machine. Just burning them to a DVD from a different machine may not work as they would NOT be bootable.

#8 ·
Making an image of your current system will make a recovery set that includes all your updates and programs up to this point.

A copy of the manufacturer's image may be needed to restore they system if you later decide to sell it. You will also need to include the OS if you sell it, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.