How to cut down on Tech Support

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dr Dave

I wanted to make this my special post, as its my 1000, and encourage all members to use their System Restore more, I keep a system restore icon on
my desktop and make a restore point everyday, I know the computer is suppose to do it, but it makes me feel better, evertime I make drastic changes or questionable downloads I make a restore point, I simply type call it rp it only takes less than 10 seconds, if everyone did this we really could cut down on our
Tech Support. Have a good day.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_03may19.mspx

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Another good idea Dr Dave, win98 dosen't have system restore to my knowledge, is there an alternative for us win98 users?

RAM-PAGE

Banned
I think you would have to ask on the Win '98 forum.

You could always use Go-Back though.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I keep all of my data on a separate data drive that is backed up every day, and my boot partition is imaged once a week. If I ever need to go back, I can put the image back in a few minutes, and the data is the same. This works for any version of Windows. :)

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
JohnWill said:
I keep all of my data on a separate data drive that is backed up every day, and my boot partition is imaged once a week. If I ever need to go back, I can put the image back in a few minutes, and the data is the same. This works for any version of Windows. :)
Ditto.

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers Ram-Page +Dr Dave I will stick to forum rules in future, I promise..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online