1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to debug a command not executing?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ajramsay, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajramsay

ajramsay Thread Starter

First Name:
    Alice
    I am responsible for a command that is a Java executable -- I used launch4j to wrap it. Many people, including myself, use it with no problem on Windows 7 and 10. I have one user who cannot get it to execute on his Windows 7 desktop. It works on his laptop, but when he tries to execute it on his desktop, he just gets a "ding."

I've had him look at the Event log, but no sign of an event that is connected to the failure.

Many years ago, I programmed in C and knew what debugging tools I could use, but in this case, I am not sure how to get a failure message to tell me why it's not working for him. As far as I can tell, everything else on his machine is working fine.

I welcome suggestions for ways to figure out why it's not working for him. Thank you.

Alice in Illinois

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211208

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice