How to delete a program that won't uninstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

m_grindy

I'm having trouble deleting a program called 'Sage'. With the add/remove programs icon I click uninstall and nothing happens. If I find the folder in the C drive and click delete it says that I may prevent other programs from working by deleting it. Is there another way to uninstall/delete?

Thanks

If it is sage.exe it appears to be part of MS Plus! and would be better to remove plus.

But you could manually

m_grindy

I don't think I have MS Plus. Is there a way that it can be deleted individually. It says some programs may not work if this program is deleted, is this likely to be the case?

Thanks

If you are sure it is not connected/bundled with something else, then shoot it via explorer. You'll have some stray registry entries, but no biggie. Make sure you don't have it in startup .

open regedit (start run).
Find this path: Hkey_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and delete it manually.

you can try to login as administrator from safe mode and unistall from there on the add/remove programs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online