How to delete adware...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aerofan169

I have a question. I tried to delete a file called "ncmyb.dll"

(C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\ncmyb.dll)

but can't seem to find it...I followed the path in safe mode and in regular mode, but can't locate it to delete it. When my Norton antivirus 2004 locates it, it doesn't delete it when I choose that option, but it says that it can "skip or exclude" it in the future. Of course I didn't choose either of those two options, but I can't find it...

any ideas??

aerofan169

I tried that, but it didn't help any. I also deleted the registry key, and that didn't help...Norton still finds something.

do you have show hidden files and unhide system protected files.? and try a rescan, if its adaware try using ad-aware n spybot links are in my signature.

aerofan169

I just finished both of those scans, but it's still there. It just won't delete, lol. Oh well, it's not hurting anything as far as I can tell but I know it shouldn't be there and that annoys me! It's like having a sliver -- it won't kill you, but it sure will bug you knowing it's there!

Thanks for the help, if anybody else has any ideas, I'm open to suggestions. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online