1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to delete adware...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aerofan169, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aerofan169

aerofan169 Thread Starter

I have a question. I tried to delete a file called "ncmyb.dll"

(C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\ncmyb.dll)

but can't seem to find it...I followed the path in safe mode and in regular mode, but can't locate it to delete it. When my Norton antivirus 2004 locates it, it doesn't delete it when I choose that option, but it says that it can "skip or exclude" it in the future. Of course I didn't choose either of those two options, but I can't find it...

any ideas??

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

3. aerofan169

I tried that, but it didn't help any. I also deleted the registry key, and that didn't help...Norton still finds something.

4. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss

do you have show hidden files and unhide system protected files.? and try a rescan, if its adaware try using ad-aware n spybot links are in my signature.

5. aerofan169

I just finished both of those scans, but it's still there. It just won't delete, lol. Oh well, it's not hurting anything as far as I can tell but I know it shouldn't be there and that annoys me! It's like having a sliver -- it won't kill you, but it sure will bug you knowing it's there!

Thanks for the help, if anybody else has any ideas, I'm open to suggestions. :)

6. xgerryx

xgerryx

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice