1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to delete email address?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Rache, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rache

Rache Banned Thread Starter

I've got a few email addresses, one of which can pick up 70-80 spams a day. I use MailWasher but still have to trawl through and delete them. I can stop using the address but wondered if there's a way to actually delete it and if not why not.

2. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

If it's an on line address (like Hotmail or Yahoo), just stop using the account. If it's a POP3 account in Outlook or Outlook express, it can be removed through Tools/Accounts...

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

Rache
    Beside what Brushmaster has suggested you may also wish to contact you ISP so they can delete the E-Mail addy from their system or you may be able to accomplish that yourself if you have the ability to manage accounts on your ISP server. You should do this so the abandoned E-Mail account does not accumulate junk until you have reached your storage limit.
    For instance: RoadRunner which we use at home has its main account e-mail and eight sub e-mail accounts. If any of the accounts or any combination of accounts reaches 10 MB then all accounts go over quota and no further e-mail can be recieved by anyone.

Dave

4. Rache

Rache Banned Thread Starter

Thanks for replies. It's a Tiscali account and doesn't have the facility to delete (as far as I can see) so I'll email them.

5. dtugg

dtugg

Good call Davey7549! Noone ever ever does this. It explains exactly why I have 40+ GB of mail on my server at this very moment!!!

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

Dtugg
    When you have people sign-up for E-Mail service part of the service agreement should be acceptence of a time activated warning which kicks a message to e-mail addy owner if addy seems abandoned. If they do not respond in X amount of time by removing items from the server then remaining e-mails will be returned to sendor or deleted.

Dave

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice