how to delete linx/ubunta 16.04.1 os

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SReece2016

I just bought a HP pavilion g7. It has unubnta linx 16.04.1 os on it and I hate it. I was wondering how to factory reset my laptop & put windows 8 back on it. Windows 8 is the factory os for it. I don't have a windows disk but I do have a usb drive. I just don't know how to put windows on it and get it to install on my laptop. I'm not very technanically inclined but I do know a few things. Any help to get my new laptop running as I would like and as it should be would be amaizing. Thanks!!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the complete model number of that HP Pavilion g7 series laptop?
(Note: a dash and additional characters after g7 comprises the complete model number)

What's the exact product number(P/N) on it?

What country was it purchased in?

--------------------------------------------------------------

If that laptop came with Windows 8, how was Linux Ubuntu 16.04 installed in it?

Have you determined if it still has an intact factory restore/system recovery partition?

--------------------------------------------------------------

TerryNet

Terry
I was wondering how to factory reset my laptop & put windows 8 back on it. Windows 8 is the factory os for it.
Boot to the Recovery USB flash drive or to the first DVD of the set of Recovery DVDs. If you have neither you can check to see if you can purchase same from HP. (I'm assuming, of course, that the PC really did come with Windows 8 preinstalled.)

plodr

Liz
Since the person who sold you the laptop did not include the recovery DVDs, you might be able to purchase them from HP
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00707939

I can't point you to the correct page because there are too many Pavilion g7 models that HP won't present results. You need to post a specific g7 model to receive assistance.

No need to do any delete. Just use any Windows installation media and let its installer to use the whole disk.

Every operating system installer can overwrite an existing system.

If that laptop came with Windows 8, how was Linux Ubuntu 16.04 installed in it?

Virtually any PC is designed to operate more than one operating system. Installing a Linux or a BSD is no different from installing a Windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online